• Breaking News

    Friday, April 24, 2020

    Wood carving My final work on carving a rabbit. I enjoyed it!

    Wood carving My final work on carving a rabbit. I enjoyed it!


    My final work on carving a rabbit. I enjoyed it!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    First carving attempt. From Doug Linker's instructional video.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Snail

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    Cow Spo-OOOon

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    Triceratops pallet Oak and mahogany aged with vinegar and wire wool

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    First time carving a bird. Used Google images of the real bird and intuition instead a guide, just to see if I could do it. Head is maybe a bit big... Feedback is welcome!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    First ever attempt at carving, Bass wood following Doug Linker's modified '5 minute' Wizard. Definitly took me longer than 5 minutes and accidentally took off an eyebrow haha. I was happy though, cheapish knife on amazon and a v tool for the beard.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    I started carving in January this year. These are most(minus the sold ones and commission pieces) of my carvings in order of completion(from left to right)

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Walking Nice in The Schveningen Woods (Scheveningse Bosjes) And Amazing ...

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Something to cheer up my girlfriend during quarantine

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    Pfeil Knife Recommendation?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a beginner knife and the best brand I can get in my area seems to be Pfeil. I'm mainly looking to just whittle some figures for now.

    Would any of you have a recommendation from the list below: https://pfeiltools.ch/katalog/#page-34

    It is pages 32 and 33 of the catalogue (https://i.imgur.com/cq8fdtb.png - if you have trouble with the link)

    The Kerb 7 seems to be around the right length from the recommendations I have seen, but seems to curve a little when favored knives I've seen on youtube seem to be flat like the Kerbs 1, 2, 4, 11, 12, 13 or 14.

    Feel free to recommend just one or each of a detail, general and roughing one.

    Conversions for you Imperial Heathens

    • Kerb 1 - 50mm - 1.97in

    • Kerb 2 - 36mm - 1.41in

    • Kerb 4 - 50mm - 1.97in

    • Kerb 7 - 40mm - 1.57in

    • Kerb 11 - 45mm - 1.77in

    • Kerb 12 - 55mm - 2.17in

    • Kerb 13 - 55mm - 2.17in

    • Kerb 14 - 55mm - 2.17in

    submitted by /u/BarnaBowsie
    [link] [comments]

    How to Carve a Comb with Hand Tools - X-post /r/greenwoodworking

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    Carving gloves reccomendation

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Got some nice new Mora knives. Predictably proceeded to give myself a serious gash in my left hand, will be out of action for at least a week.

    Can anyone reccomend some good gloves for carving? I've been on Amazon all morning but I'm so sick of that website and find it very difficult to trust any of the reviews. I'd rather spend a bit more and know I'm getting a quality product that won't end up in landfill in 6 months. Ideally something that ships to Europe / UK (based in France).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/harryhamsta
    [link] [comments]

    Red oak finished and off to OR

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Are Flexcut tools worth the money ?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Im a woodcarving beginner and want to add some new tools to my collection. My choise is the 3 knife beginner set from Flexcut, but 80 bucks seems like a lot. Are they worth it ?

    submitted by /u/olan_haask
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie question on tools

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Hi! Long time lurker, hopeful to start.

    I read the sidebar but got overwhelmed. Do y'all have recommendations on where to start with buying tools / tool kits? Looking for a happy medium between price and quality.

    submitted by /u/nicachu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment