• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Wood carving Avocado pit Bear

    Wood carving Avocado pit Bear


    Avocado pit Bear

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    Brand new to this... Here's a bit of scrap plank I did some practice carving on. Any advice/critique/tips would be very much appreciated. I want to get better at this -- I'm loving it so far!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    Progression of power carving a flower. Wife thought I should post the progression instead.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    I've been carving some repairs for a roccoco mirror frame

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    A commissioned wand I recently carved.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Me doing my thing with some creations in the background:)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Crash Course in Sharpening?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    So I messed up my new knife I think. It's not terribly expensive (20$) but had good reviews.

    Being the genius that I am I thought That my Chefs Choice Diamond home would do a great job. If you ever ever seen those kitchen knife sharpeners that have the three slots and a handle that's what I was using.

    It appears that by using this I have caused chips and scratches throughout the knife. I am interested in getting back to the way I had it originally.

    From the little research I've done I am seeing that I will have to get a whetstone for lower grit and one of higher and then use a strop to finish the job.

    Can anyone confirm this or have any of their suggestions?

    submitted by /u/QuestionR3ality
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get carving wood in Europe?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Hi, I want to start woodcarving and after getting information about the knives I should use and how to keep them sharp, I'm curious about getting the wood.

    I already saw a post of a user from USA asking about this but the solutions proposed in the replies were almost just websites that sell wood in the US and do not ship in EU, so my questions are:

    1) How do you get wood?

    I was thinking about asking to a carpenter or going to parks and look for thick fallen branches but I don't know if this last option is a good solution for starting

    2) do you know any website that ships in Europe and has good prices?

    I looked for carving wood on amazon but the wood "bricks" sold there seems tiny and I think the prices are a bit high for what i get.

    Thank you for reading this, and thank you if you eventually reply

    submitted by /u/Surthor
    [link] [comments]

    Basswood flower. A lot of firsts on this one. First flower. First power carving. First use of wood dye. A lot of lessons learned.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment