• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Wood carving i am BATMAN...

    Wood carving i am BATMAN...


    i am BATMAN...

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Otter carving finished with Odies Oil. Thank you to this community for great feedback!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    First attempt at a wood spirit

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Hatchet handle. Mahogany. Not going to last long but itll be pretty until it breaks. Im done cutting until i get to the shoulders and neck. Trying to sand out the divots and get final sizing right. Its coming along. Whats a good durable and beautiful finish for this?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    This is second product i carve a statue of a character in one piece. Wooden figure katakuri

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    I need advice on my first ever project, I plan on making this into a chair or stool with chisels

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    [YouTube] Improving the Mora 120 sloyd and 164 hook knife -- Sharpening for Greenwoodworkers (#1)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    What are these spoon gouges (?) used for?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I'm going through some tools and trying to decide what I'll actually end up using, and when I got to these two, I realized I don't know how they're used or for what sorts of operations. I don't really do much actual woodcarving, I just use regular straight gouges for standard woodworking things, so I don't know if these will end up being useful for me or not. I hate getting rid of a tool only to wish I had it later.

    https://imgur.com/LihlhwJ

    https://imgur.com/MJrlnzg

    submitted by /u/AhabFXseas
    [link] [comments]

    First coat of Polyurethane is drying on my tortoise!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    does anyone know what finish to use on a bowl i will be microwaving?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    I want to make a kuksa and have the ability to microwave it. What are some good finishes that are foodgrade and wont make food taste different?

    submitted by /u/nickxee
    [link] [comments]

    My first chainsaw Tiki.. be nice :)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    My first chainsaw Tiki.. be nice :)

    Hey guys

    I recently did this tiki... I'm sort of working myself into woodcarving by trial and error, enjoying the process of creation. I burned it to make it darker and painted the eyes. I'm a pretty serious dude as you can see... Have a laugh on me :)

    https://preview.redd.it/ks93y8ngtx251.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d768f9fb2e0bd9f194eb2f9443d9187e7e3f7f64

    submitted by /u/WoodTubeMJ
    [link] [comments]

    4 Axis CNC Router 1325 with 4x8 Rotary Table

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Tool advice for newcomer

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I am interested in making my own panels for painting and could use some advice.

    I am trying to figure out what tools I will need to carve a small relief into a poplar panel. Here is a photo of a finished panel I want to replicate.

    https://imgur.com/a/vuRmbHr

    I'm thinking ill need at least 1 or 2 gouges and a wide flat chisel. I'm also considering a hand plane for the relief work.

    submitted by /u/harsh_noise
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment