• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Wood carving My first carving, burnt cherry whale shark, made from a branch I cut off the tree in my back garden

    Wood carving My first carving, burnt cherry whale shark, made from a branch I cut off the tree in my back garden


    My first carving, burnt cherry whale shark, made from a branch I cut off the tree in my back garden

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    Thanks for the advice on my previous failure. After a couple more splits on the old one I decided to try on a new piece of pine, it came out much better.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Steps for a bunk bed ladder I am making. First wood carving project for me.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Made some surprisingly sharp and pointy cheese knives.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Carved a turtle, I’m proud of it so I thought I’d share

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Almost finished my first carving

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    Carving, painting and treating wood to make a chess set.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    I want to carve a chess set out of wood, but I know close to nothing about how to handle it.

    My questions:

    What's a good type of wood to work on? I have months old untreated pile logs stored since March but they may have bugs - should I still use them? If not, I am based in Portugal, for type of trees available reference.

    How do I treat the wood so that, after the set is done, there are no cracking, mold or bug problems? What are the products? Are there biological or ecological or handmade products that I can use?

    What kind of paint is best for the wood? Since maybe I could use natural different colored wood, what are two different colored spieces (you know, for the white pieces and the black ones)?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Tejo310
    [link] [comments]

    It ended up looking a little like an owl, so that’s what I named this piece. Basswood.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    I carved a couple of wands

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    For the next time someone says your work looks like it was done by a Neanderthal- or does that just happen to me?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    What woods do you use, and do you use unaged wood?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment