• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 1, 2020

    Wood carving Hardcarved skull

    Wood carving Hardcarved skull


    Hardcarved skull

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Thanks to this sub, I feel confident about giving woodcarving a try with this kit. Just got it delivered from Amazon today. I'm excited!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    "Cornucopia" - abstract vase concept. Carved from White Ash wood, 80mm clear acrylic tube, black acrylic paint and clear lacquer finish. Hope you guys like it :)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Luck o' the Irish. A very quick carving as a gift for a friend.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Spoon for my granny

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    First knives advice? (UK)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I'm really interested in getting into wood carving, and want to ask advice about my first knives? I'm due a bit of overtime at the end of the month and have been looking at options, but I don't know much about the brands or blade profiles. I've notice that some blades have the traditional curved blade you would get with any knife, while others have the edge on what would typically be the back flat of the blade.

    I ideally don't want to overspend until I get to grips with the hobby, so don't want to buy things I might not need. I know I want a spoon scraper, but what other blade, or blades should I look at? I know I wanted to try making wood spirits and figures, but dont know the ideal blade to pick up for that?

    Also what brands are worth buying? Locally Mora seem to be the common brand, but I know popular isn't always the best. Is it worth buying a set, or individuals?

    I'm already equipped with sandpaper, seals, sharpening stones and strops from other woodwork.

    I know it's a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Lonk-the-Sane
    [link] [comments]

    First carving. Hit artist/writers block and set it aside. 1/4" poplar. Should I keep carving or stain it? Is there a trick to make the lines pop more than the raised part? Tips greatly appreciated

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Advice for a novice

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    Am going to buy my first real set of knives. Was very interested in drake knives.I would love advice on what shape and size knife i should start with maybe 2 from drake.I could always use my mora for roughing and get a detailer from drake just not sure what.
    size. Are palm gouges worth it? I know nothing

    Any info is appreciated thanks all

    submitted by /u/DoomTheYandere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment