• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 8, 2020

    Wood carving Chevy grain truck carved from basswood and walnut. A gift for my Dad.

    Wood carving Chevy grain truck carved from basswood and walnut. A gift for my Dad.


    Chevy grain truck carved from basswood and walnut. A gift for my Dad.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Started to work on a new miniature wooden ball jointed doll. The head is not done but I make it close to my image then keep on the body parts. The final stage of detailing will be after finishing other body parts. This one is basswood.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    First spoon and couldn't be prouder! Got super lucky withthe position of that knot in the handle

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    First carving finally finished

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    turtle vs serpent

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    A turtle I just finished out of black walnut.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Little Whale

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Followed Along with a Doug Linker Video. Not Nearly as Smooth, but Hopefully Someday.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    A friend just gifted me this spoon carving set. How do you use this strap of leather and what is this green thing?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Indonesian Owl Carving - refinishing?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    I got this on a family holiday about 14 years ago in Bali.

    I've never oiled it or given it more than a wipe down.

    I was wondering if I should refinish it, oil it or something. It has some visually dry spots.

    photos of owl

    Appreciate any advice you guys can give!

    submitted by /u/Gridean
    [link] [comments]

    Made it as a gift to cousin for her wedding. Can do better but happy as all of it was a first time go at it. Can't get it to not be sideways, lol.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Is this a decent starter set?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I want to get going on some carving but I need some tools of course. This set seems to have a wide variety to get someone going on all sorts of different projects.

    I know I want to do some spoons and bowls. Beyond that not too sure, except to learn to add decoration to boxes and whatnot.

    Is this brand decent? I'm not looking to lay down four or five hundred bucks and up at one go, but if these are really junk I could buy fewer better ones at a time. Not looking for the best, just decent working tools for now. Later might want to get the best, who knows.

    Edit:

    Forgot the link.

    https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/record-power-12pc-carving-set.aspx

    submitted by /u/oldguygetsanoldtown
    [link] [comments]

    Should a beginner be carving hard hardwood?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I'm trying to carve a few chess pieces and in using a simple knife and dry olive wood. I'm finding it pretty hard to carve - should I find some green olive wood or keep trying? And if I do carve green wood, can I know the carvings won't have natural cuts after drying?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tejo310
    [link] [comments]

    Baroque style master class

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment