• Breaking News

    Monday, September 7, 2020

    Wood carving I finished my Moxon Vise - I decided to add some paint to the carvings. That was a challenge. Luckily, I was able to erase the mistakes with a hand plane.

    Wood carving I finished my Moxon Vise - I decided to add some paint to the carvings. That was a challenge. Luckily, I was able to erase the mistakes with a hand plane.


    I finished my Moxon Vise - I decided to add some paint to the carvings. That was a challenge. Luckily, I was able to erase the mistakes with a hand plane.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    First Attempt at a Figure. My Thumbs are Killing Me.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    An attempt at beads. Used a Dremel as a mini lathe

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    My humble work

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    �� Update on the little alien I Whittled��

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Green wood?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    My knives arrive tomorrow, so I'm doing all of the homework that I can at the moment. I'm coming from woodturning and as a rule have avoided using green wood, partly because of how fragile it is, but also the risk of warping and cracking as it seasons. I've seen that quite a few people use green wood for spoons and small sculptures, and was wondering if it's as much of a risk when you're carving?

    If it still is an issue, how do you minimise the risks? I know with turning you keep a stock of wood shavings to act as a desiccant.

    submitted by /u/Lonk-the-Sane
    [link] [comments]

    First wood carving project. A wand for a friend who is a potter head.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Looking for a good starter set of dremel bits for woodworking

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Hi guys i want to start woodcarving with a dremel 3000 i got from my dad. He only has bits for metal and i wantet to know if any of you know of a good starter kit wich has the basic bits i need for the beginning. Shouldnt cost to much as i dont yet know if im realy getting into it. Thanks in advance :) Edit: ment to say wood carving in the title.

    submitted by /u/L_ii_E
    [link] [comments]

    Which one would you choose...

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Third day. Third whittle. A little wizard for my mom's birthday.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Collect branches or buy blanks

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Hey!

    My partner and I have been carving bits of wood on and off for years now. We're trying to decide if it's better to collect our own wood, dry it etc. or if buying blanks is the way forward. What do ya'll prefer?

    submitted by /u/Shotton5
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment