• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 28, 2020

    Wood carving The Abbeygate in Bury St Edmunds. Carved on lime wood, sealed with thinned polyurethane and stained with oil paints.

    Wood carving The Abbeygate in Bury St Edmunds. Carved on lime wood, sealed with thinned polyurethane and stained with oil paints.


    The Abbeygate in Bury St Edmunds. Carved on lime wood, sealed with thinned polyurethane and stained with oil paints.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 06:26 AM PST

    I sanded my Swedish horse and finished with linseed oil and beeswax. I love the result!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:25 AM PST

    My Christmas Carvings Display

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 04:11 AM PST

    Simple coaster thing

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 06:08 PM PST

    Woodcarving with gimli :). Just handwork nothing else. 7 hours.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:10 AM PST

    Ready For Painting.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:36 AM PST

    Coffee bean scoop! Double capacity of what comes with the bag of beans.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Fish hook necklace. Indonesian teak wood

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:44 PM PST

    Does anyone know what kind of wood this is? My uncle brought these back from Senegal. Not even sure if they are stained or if the wood is 2 toned.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 04:50 PM PST

    Finally found a hobby I enjoy, and I now I'm done with it.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 07:32 PM PST

    Woodcarving is relaxing. What's not relaxing is trying to sharpen a knife. I've tried everything. I even bought myself a set of Diamond sharpeners.

    I watched countless videos. My angle is steady. My pressure is light. You name it. I cannot for the life of me get a decent edge on the knife. I've asked around for tips and nothing seems to be working.

    submitted by /u/Robot682
    [link] [comments]

    Ninth whittled figurine (NSFW, technically)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:27 PM PST

    How many hours would it take to carve a long tobacco pipe with a dragon head?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 03:39 AM PST

    It's for dungeons and dragons. Don't judge.

    submitted by /u/Clawmbra
    [link] [comments]

    Oops!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:23 PM PST

    Need advice for Christmas carving gifts please

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 04:39 PM PST

    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should make for my three brothers, dad, mom, and friends? I'm planning on making pipes for my friends, anyone have any good ideas? I'd appreciate it a lot.

    submitted by /u/Revolutionary-Cod-93
    [link] [comments]

    First-time carver looking for advice

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 04:20 PM PST

    First-time carver looking for advice

    Planning to carve a xmas ornament for my best friend. Basically, something like the picture attached. I've come to the conclusion after several youtube videos that a dremel and a softwood like pine would be best. However, before I venture down this road I was hoping to see if the people of Reddit had any other suggestions for a first timer. Wondering if carving this might be better than a dremel perhaps or a different wood.

    https://preview.redd.it/zzxss5c3jv161.png?width=536&format=png&auto=webp&s=36cf5bc96d99074222a4498e014cae6a3851b22f

    submitted by /u/juangusta
    [link] [comments]

    Friends, a new project has started

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Started making Christmas presents with some padauk. I should be able to get 6 of these little guys out of a ten dollar chunk ������������

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:11 PM PST

    Beginner carving ideas as a gift

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:36 AM PST

    My girlfriend's dad is extremely hard to shop for Christmas gifts and gave a very vague list but on that list was "anything handmade". So as a beginner carver I thought it would be a fun idea to make something for him, but I'm not sure what to make.

    I have some basswood and a couple short branches of sequoia wood (not sure if it's good for carving) to work with. And as far as tools, I only have a 3.5in knife and a hook knife. Any input would be great, thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Grex532
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment