• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 29, 2020

    Wood carving Scrollsawn Prince John and Hiss from Robin Hood. All natural wood, no dyes or stains.

    Wood carving Scrollsawn Prince John and Hiss from Robin Hood. All natural wood, no dyes or stains.


    Scrollsawn Prince John and Hiss from Robin Hood. All natural wood, no dyes or stains.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Tip for a beginner wood carver... how can I learn?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Tip for a beginner wood carver... how can I learn?

    Hi! I started wood carving as an hobby one month ago and I am liking it so far :)! So I would like to receive some suggestions from you guys, if you like !

    Those are a couple of my first works. I just use a knife and sandpaper to finish. Sometimes I color it with oil paiting.

    Wolf pendant

    Owl that can write :)

    What do you guys think? I need suggestion about where to find good material to learn from.

    Can you suggest some book or online course? Now I just watch some random youtube videos, but I would like very much to have a sort of "master" :)

    Thank you so much and good carving!

    submitted by /u/NewSiddharta
    [link] [comments]

    Ny first face with stone eyes

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Wood leaf necklace

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:13 PM PST

    Made a mushroom out of some wood I found on the side of the road!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:05 AM PST

    Spoons in progress

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 12:18 PM PST

    About that miniature mask... im finishing tomorrow. Im happy so far��

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 12:30 PM PST

    First woodcarving project: Chess Set

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Help with a knife purchase

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Intro: I'm the guy who ruined his Beavercraft detail knife.

    I've been looking at Flexcuts, but they're pretty expensive to get here in Canada. I can get a detail knife and a mini detail knife + a bar of polishing compound for $65.

    Alternatively, I can get ANOTHER (not ruined by my sharpening skills) Beavercraft detail knife, a Beavercraft bench knife, a chip knife, polishing compound and leather strip, and knife roll for $50.

    For such an amateur who just wants to carve for the fun of it, is Flexcut really worth the $15 extra for the lack of items I'd get? For the record, the carvings I'm doing are quite small, so I like the idea of Flexcut's mini detail knife, but I think Beavercraft's chip knife might give me some similar results.

    submitted by /u/Robot682
    [link] [comments]

    Help with carving a walking stick for my daughter

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Hello friends! I'm working a Chinese Sumac walking stick for my daughter. Questions are these: 1. Should I do something with the loose bark material in the knots (like route them out)? 2. I'm having luck with a dremel, but would you switch to hand tools? The wood is on the softer side. Appreciated!

    https://i.imgur.com/36bLVvK.jpg https://i.imgur.com/yRShsmv.jpg https://i.imgur.com/pVKrN8T.jpg

    submitted by /u/Iliketopass
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment