• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Wood carving Basswood parasaurolophus (easier to carve than pronounce!)

    Wood carving Basswood parasaurolophus (easier to carve than pronounce!)


    Basswood parasaurolophus (easier to carve than pronounce!)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:13 AM PST

    Fish/shark type creature I carved from cherry and finished with tung oil.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:24 PM PST

    Custom key cap for a buddy of mine

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:25 AM PST

    My first piece ever. Used a plethora of different techniques to experiment. I know it's not the best, but a start in a good direction.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:48 PM PST

    Christmas ornaments I made for the family this year.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:36 PM PST

    Not my first, but certainly my best pipe! Red oak pipe with mostly a machete, knife, and file (a little power tools for holes n thinks)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:14 AM PST

    Scaffolds board and lockdown!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:30 PM PST

    Great skills of the masters in wood carving - Carved decorative patterns ...

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:27 AM PST

    2nd woodcarving project

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:37 PM PST

    What kind of animal should I make out of this left over piece of spruce?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:27 AM PST

    What kind of animal should I make out of this left over piece of spruce?

    Nothing too complicated please, this is my first attempt at carving an animal. I have mostly done spoons and non figural trinkets so far. Thanks you in advance for your suggestions, I might post the result when I´m finished : )

    (~ 9 x 5 x 3 cm)

    https://preview.redd.it/9ftup1ber4461.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=191f152c4a2f1cf42649406736289c89f92cf8ea

    submitted by /u/centrifuge_destroyer
    [link] [comments]

    I started a Christmas Themed Chess Set - info in comments

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Can you use Dremel type 3mm shank rotary bits with proper drywall cut out rotary tools from brands like Makita and DeWalt?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Looking to do some carving and sanding with a rotary tool, but after looking into the problems with Dremel rotary tools, and being a carpenter, I'd like to go with the highest quality tool (and potentially some future versitility if I need to use the tool at work).

    Basically does anyone know or have any advice when it comes to using the rotary bit sets you'd normally buy for a smaller dremel brand rotary tool, and applying it to a heavier duty Makita/DeWalt brand drywall cut out rotary tool?

    submitted by /u/ImAnAfricanCanuck
    [link] [comments]

    Website recommendations

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:26 AM PST

    Hello! I'm looking to learn woodcarving as a hobby. I generally already know what tools I want to purchase, but I'm not sure which websites to trust. What websites do you use to shop for wood carving related items? Any Good/bad experiences with online shopping? Unfortunately the closest independent carving shop is over an hour's drive away, or else I'd visit them instead. None of my local craft/hobby stores carry what I'm looking for.

    submitted by /u/Chucklingpianofun
    [link] [comments]

    How to carve a round thing without a lathe?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:00 PM PST

    I posted this on r/beginnerwoodworking as well, but I'm also posting it here cause I'm new to this and I'm not sure where the best place to ask this is. I'm carving crochet hook handles out of dowels a la Furls Crochet Hooks. Just the handles, I'm attaching metal hooks for my own preferences.

    This is what Furls hooks look like.

    This is my first ever woodworking project and I'm not spending anymore money. I've got an okay knife and I'm set on materials. Obviously Furls hooks are carved on a lathe, but I don't have one of those. So what do I need to do to make my handles as round as possible? I'm on my first one and I'm starting to get a curve to it. What should I be doing to ensure that I'm getting the smoothest, roundest curve possible?

    submitted by /u/soggybutter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment