• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    Wood carving House Sold, Old Friends Being Moved Out Of My Humble Shop. New Beginnings!

    Wood carving House Sold, Old Friends Being Moved Out Of My Humble Shop. New Beginnings!


    House Sold, Old Friends Being Moved Out Of My Humble Shop. New Beginnings!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:20 AM PST

    A Basswood horse I've been working on

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:19 PM PST

    What a talent.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:34 AM PST

    Hi everyone. I finished “dove song” I decided to leave the dove unpainted.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:27 PM PST

    Carving a character face using Dremel tool, LIKE or DISLIKE, No matter Its my Art.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:12 AM PST

    Hand-carved HP-style wands

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:01 PM PST

    Entry Level Hatchet Carving Ideas?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:24 PM PST

    My buddy bought me a Granfors Bruks carving hatchet, I've never done any carving or whittling, and want to start. Ideally make a present for him someday with the hatchet. I don't have a knife, obviously a whittling/carving knife will be indispensable for carving, but I was wondering if there were any objects that weren't too hard to do with a hatchet only? Or is the hatchet pretty much exclusively more for just getting the bigger pieces of a carve out of the way with less effort/time and then moving to a knife eventually? I apologize for my noobness. I am just beginning to search google and youtube for information. I was just hoping I could get pointed in a direction here.

    submitted by /u/hetnkik1
    [link] [comments]

    When wood burning and carving meet

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Advice on tools for carving wands

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:40 PM PST

    Hi! Kind of a carving noob (although I have been making my wands for a few years - pics https://www.reddit.com/r/Woodcarving/comments/ka2vgg/handcarved_hpstyle_wands/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share )

    I made these wands out of pine dowel rods I bought from bunnings & used a sharp, solid, Stanley knife to whittle them down and a combination of whittling, hand-sanding, and carving w a scalpel to complete them. Unsurprisingly, I have developed tendonitis in my wrists and can't even whittle anymore. I realised I don't have to give up a hobby I love, I should just invest in some tools!

    Would a dremel + appropriate attachment be able to do the whittling for me? Or any other recs? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/Sore_Pussy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment