• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    Wood carving Made a Tak board for a friend for christmas. Kolrosing on basswood, then 45 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees for color, and finished with beeswax and walnut oil.

    Wood carving Made a Tak board for a friend for christmas. Kolrosing on basswood, then 45 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees for color, and finished with beeswax and walnut oil.


    Made a Tak board for a friend for christmas. Kolrosing on basswood, then 45 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees for color, and finished with beeswax and walnut oil.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 05:43 PM PST

    Advice for a novice whittler ��

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:54 AM PST

    I have recently gotten into carving and decided to carve some ashtrays by hand for some friends, finished with Danish oil. Feedback is welcome!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 04:25 PM PST

    Cutting basswood into half

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 07:20 AM PST

    Hey hey,

    How do I cut a 10 cm long and 2.5 cm bass wood in half (across the length)? I guess I shouldn't use my whittling tools to do that 🙈

    submitted by /u/Lelamasoor
    [link] [comments]

    Gilgamesh carved on plywood

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:37 AM PST

    Carving a face out of wood [Dremel tool] ��make sure to SUBSCRIBE and support my channel,

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    Best place to order basswood blocks in different sizes?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:25 AM PST

    Best place to order basswood blocks in different sizes?

    Basically the title. I'm new to it, and already low on the basswood from the pack I ordered off Amazon. Wondering if there's a "gold standard" or if what I ordered here is good enough?

    I live in an apartment, so until I join a makers space I don't really have the place / space / tools to order boards and cut them myself. Located in Houston, TX if anyone has any local recommendations.

    Bonus first carving following Doug Linkerr's video

    https://preview.redd.it/imhp3wxous361.png?width=704&format=png&auto=webp&s=13fd0bd1c0fac288039a5fc95ffe481a328121c6

    submitted by /u/hubydane
    [link] [comments]

    Wood engraving tools for beginner?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 08:01 AM PST

    I know this is wood carving, but I am a total beginner and thought some smart people here might know what direction to point me.

    I am doing some crafts with oak and rather than painting on lettering I know that engraving would make it look way nicer. I am looking online for something that would be good for a beginner wood engraver. Any tips or recommendations on how to get started is welcome!

    submitted by /u/onlyg00dthings
    [link] [comments]

    Wooden boat value??

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 03:44 PM PST

    What are the best tools for carving hardwood?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:37 PM PST

    I'm looking into starting a project with a dry hardwood (either maple or walnut) and wanted some recommendations for knives that are strong enough for hardwoods. I currently have a set of flexcut knives. What are some sturdy, quality knives that you recommend I purchase? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SaltyShoyu
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an old log cabin piece or for the best way to carve it

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:12 PM PST

    Looking for an old log cabin piece or for the best way to carve it

    My father has this lincoln log cabin (or similar brand with skinnier pieces) from when he was a kid in the 60's that is missing a piece, and I wanted to get him that final piece for the holidays. I haven't been able to find the original kit online, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. The piece is small at about 4.3 inches long, .4 inches tall, and .3 inches wide. There's curvature and indentations in the piece as well. I've attached pictures of it below.

    If I can't find a way to purchase the piece for a reasonable price, I was going to do my best at carving a new one out. Any suggestions here? Thanks everyone in advance!

    top

    side

    bottom

    submitted by /u/mrdoodyman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment