• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Wood carving After receiving a boat load of tools for Christmas, I carved my first carve!

    Wood carving After receiving a boat load of tools for Christmas, I carved my first carve!


    After receiving a boat load of tools for Christmas, I carved my first carve!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:58 PM PST

    One of my first carvings, I really enjoy carving fish.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:12 PM PST

    Finished my challenge to do 366 avocado pit carvings in 2020! Yay!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:44 PM PST

    First attempt at a face pretty happy with it :)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:40 PM PST

    Many thanks, posted the finished video. Thanks for the feedback. And support Happy new year..J

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:18 PM PST

    My grandpa in law just gifted this to me :)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:40 PM PST

    Im a beginner, what files should I get

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:05 AM PST

    Not long after trying out my woodcarving set i got for Christmas and doing some pieces i quickly realised im going to need files. I looked on amazon and was veryyy overwhelmed by the amount of options there were. Does anyone know a good solid set of files that are relatively cheap and durable? Any advice is appreciated! Have a great day

    submitted by /u/soupyckat
    [link] [comments]

    Rings to rule them all: left is Spalted Beech, right is Yew

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:28 PM PST

    Finished. Video is also available. Ebony, amber, mother of pearl and silver. RIP Nico. All hand carved, if you like this sort of thing then you can follow me on Instagram #johnthenetsukecarver or Reddit to see how I do it. J

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:36 AM PST

    My first attempt. I didn’t let having to get stitches yesterday stop me lol

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:05 PM PST

    First pair of earrings, Bocote and Purpleheart.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:24 AM PST

    First attended at a wood spirt wizard guy. Only cut myself once. Lol

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:00 AM PST

    Looking to get into woodcarving

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:34 PM PST

    Hey all

    I've always found wood carving interesting and decided to take the plunge. I've been reading a bit and seems like Flexcut might be a good brand to dip my toes in since they're okay quality and not too expensive. Checking through their inventory I was thinking of getting a KN14. Was wondering what the community thought of the brand and knife model?

    Another thing I was curious about, is it worth getting like a full set of knives? Or is having one to start with okay?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/skolnickm
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to add a stone in the middle of a wood pendant?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:15 PM PST

    I got my girlfriend this necklace for our anniversary last year and a few months ago she lost it. She was really upset about it, so I wanted to make it for her for our anniversary (sadly a late gift, as it was in November, but I was waiting to get the wood carving tools). There's no rush for this either.

    The main part of making this that I'm unsure of how to do is the middle. My dad and I are making a resin desk soon, so I'll have resin to use. I could either find a circular stone to use or maybe make the middle out of resin.

    Any advice on how to go about it, which would be best, anything I would need to know if I use resin, or the best method for adding a stone in the middle would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/paracetamoltrees
    [link] [comments]

    Just ordered some basswood 1x4 Inch rectangles. I’m planning on carving a chess set. I also got a set of wood carving tools at Michaels. I have never carved anything before so does anyone have any tips?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:50 PM PST

    The dog chewed up the handles of some kitchen knives so I carved come new ones

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:46 AM PST

    CARDINALS FIREPLACE MANTEL - "Peace In The Pines" (Part 1) - Wood Carvin...

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:14 PM PST

    Wood soaking? how long?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:47 AM PST

    How long should I soak the wood before carving it? it is mesquite wood, completely dried out, and really hard.

    submitted by /u/zengnome48
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment