• Breaking News

    Friday, January 29, 2021

    Wood carving New to wood carving. My first attempt

    Wood carving New to wood carving. My first attempt


    New to wood carving. My first attempt

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:55 AM PST

    Taking a crack at relief carving learning lots !

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 11:43 AM PST

    New to wood carving, but have been making this little palm trinket whenever I feel anxious.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:08 AM PST

    Made a little spoon, and a (hopefully) carving knife

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 10:47 PM PST

    First proper carving - hoot.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 04:10 PM PST

    Pikachu made from linden wood with a dremel, burning pen and finished with oil. Thoughts?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:48 PM PST

    Basswood Ankylosaurus (with a too-thin tail that snapped during sanding!)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 03:40 AM PST

    My first wood carvings.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:53 PM PST

    Does anyone have a strop recommendation?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:52 AM PST

    I'm new to carving and just got a Morakniv and several pieces from Drake (including knives and a palm gouge). Can anyone tell me of a strop they've been happy with? I've seen BeaverCraft and Flexcut ones on Amazon but was hoping to get user opinions. It seems like maybe the ones with the paddle handle would be easier to use, but I could be wrong.

    submitted by /u/andpartwayback
    [link] [comments]

    Bog oak owl pendant painted with acrylics

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:56 PM PST

    Sharpening my V-chisel, I'm new to this. And I have to admit this was very satisfying.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:44 AM PST

    A little cow I carved for my niece. Basswood, beeswax finish

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 10:22 AM PST

    Beginner working with Mesquite

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 10:38 PM PST

    Hey guys. I'm new here. I bought a slab of live edge mesquite to make a growth chart out of. A personal goal of mine is to only use hand tools. I was looking into getting the Flexcut 4pc palm and knife set looks a little small though. I want to carve the measurements about every three inches with regular chisels and her name. Maybe with time I will have her hand or a foot to scale. I'll have that projected and then trace it out.

    I hear mesquite is hard to work with. Should I have gotten Eucalyptus instead?

    Will those chisels hold up okay to the hardwood?

    submitted by /u/Alt_dimension_visitr
    [link] [comments]

    For a noob that’s never carved a thing before, this was the funnest little guy to whittle out!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:24 PM PST

    Can someone help identify this wood? It’s a Richard Raffan bowl I picked up at a thrift store.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 04:42 AM PST

    After starting with a basic carving set, to see whether I took to the hobby before spending too much money.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:09 AM PST

    I'm now thinking of upgrading to a couple of drake knives. Was thinking of getting the mini detail knife and then maybe the Gil Special. Do you think this would be a good combination or are there any other suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Ecca88
    [link] [comments]

    Detail of a figure study in progress. White oak.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 05:38 PM PST

    Latest spoon

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:49 PM PST

    Santa woodcarving, I know its a little late.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 03:02 PM PST

    Bought mini gouge off Etsy, snapped on 2nd day. Defective? (pics attached)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 07:08 AM PST

    What do you guys think? I am a novice woodworker and know absolutely nothing about smithing, but that black mark (please check individual pics) where it snapped looks highly suspicious to me...

    https://ibb.co/s6R13mt close-up https://ibb.co/Rc1t1zb https://ibb.co/3h56pfW close-up

    I've asked the maker for a refund or replacement but I'm afraid he might blow me off... Spot anything that could help my plea?

    submitted by /u/Chawree
    [link] [comments]

    My first spoon carving !

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment