• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 25, 2021

    Wood carving Hitting the rivers amd sloughs is one of my favs to do, especially when it's low tide with all sorts of cool driftwood to carve on. Here's a skull I recently carved out of a piece of maple.

    Wood carving Hitting the rivers amd sloughs is one of my favs to do, especially when it's low tide with all sorts of cool driftwood to carve on. Here's a skull I recently carved out of a piece of maple.


    Hitting the rivers amd sloughs is one of my favs to do, especially when it's low tide with all sorts of cool driftwood to carve on. Here's a skull I recently carved out of a piece of maple.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 05:06 AM PST

    Itty Bitty Hillbilly

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 04:41 AM PST

    I feel like it sook a lot of tools to make such a small spoon.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 03:24 AM PST

    New mask in my collection: Wearable wood carved Krampus mask by Koidl of Austria. Horns and hair are real, LED backlit eyes are hand made. Lower jaw is hinged so I can talk.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 09:58 PM PST

    I've seen a few masks posted here lately so here's one I finished recently: Iroquois False Face Mask. Materials used are basswood, copper, paint, tanned horse tail

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 06:58 AM PST

    Japanese style inspired demon mask.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 02:42 PM PST

    Newbie: I've got to lovely chunks of black cherry from work, should I cut it down to smaller chucks to dry? Should I remove the bark?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 05:34 AM PST

    Almost time .. (Basswood and thinned down Acrylic paint then boiled linseed oil)

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 09:07 AM PST

    Pine-tree wood

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 10:11 AM PST

    Catrina themed skull+eye smoking pipe. Olive wood and pyrography decorations, two pieces. Olive oil finish.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 09:49 AM PST

    Woodcarving Workshops and Videos excellent resource

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 08:49 AM PST

    Some great woodcarving teachers got together and are now teaching online. This is like the Netflix of woodcarving. You can subscribe and watch all the videos out there and they also have listings of upcoming live workshops (via zoom) https://woodcarvingacademy.com/videos/ Woodspirits, Caricature carving, even full workshop recordings.

    submitted by /u/OldWoodShack
    [link] [comments]

    Wood Carving Master - Carve intricate patterns with ease

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 01:09 AM PST

    Birch firewood spoon

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 11:57 AM PST

    Tips on sharpening

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 10:46 PM PST

    I'm pretty new to wood carving but I'm trying out some spoons, which I'm really enjoying. I feel like one of the biggest skills in woodcarving is sharpening your tools! My question is around what you use to sharpen? What you would recommend a beginner and what coarseness (grit?) to use. I asked a friend of mine and he used a double-sided diamond file, which looked pretty good. Also 'scary sharpening' system seems the method du jour... Any thoughts on this? I've seen a guy on youtube who used it on hook knives with a piece of dowel which seems like a smart way of doing it....

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Forward-Smile
    [link] [comments]

    This is how I Carve a Rooster Head, What you think

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 07:02 PM PST

    Best power carving tool to achieve effect on cabinet but more like the 2nd image? Working on my furniture thesis project

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 10:32 PM PST

    Can’t sharpen my #1 gouges and don’t understand why

    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 12:47 PM PST

    I recently got a set of 12 gouges. I've been able to sharpen everything else except a #1 and #1s and I can't figure out for the life of me why I can't get an edge on it. I've taken them to a 400 and 1000 diamond stone and stropped them but they're not taking an edge. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/choke_my_chocobo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment