• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 17, 2021

    Wood carving Current progress of a unicorn I'm carving from lime (horn to be added later!)

    Wood carving Current progress of a unicorn I'm carving from lime (horn to be added later!)


    Current progress of a unicorn I'm carving from lime (horn to be added later!)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:46 AM PDT

    Here is the mostly finished carving, looks a little better in softer lighting

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    I used to make a throne for a church

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    Long Eared Owl Chainsaw Carving

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    Functional sculpture that i made as coffee table by chainsaw carving tree trunk

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    latest spoon carving (:

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    Made a gift for a friend (there are English subtitles)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    My very first carving!

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    I just wanted to share my first attempt at carving anything! I wasn't going for symmetry or anything specific, I just wanted to try out my brand new knives!

    https://i.imgur.com/JCxoekH.png

    submitted by /u/dustcloud244
    [link] [comments]

    Forgive me for double posting This is the follow-up to a recent WIP I posted. Relief carving of Any Taylor-Joy in Cherry (beeswax finish.) Chess set laminated Maple/Walnut with Jatoba inlays. 3D chess board in Maple/Walnut. All made by me.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    I'm addicted to this YouTube channel. It's a crime he doesn't have more subscribers.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    A ball trapped in a sphere-cage. Carved from a 2" X 2" X 2" basswood cube.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    Starting Out

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    Hi there everyone,

    Ive been interested in woodcarving for a little while now and wanted your help on figuring out what would be a good first steps to take to get into wood carving?

    What would be a good starting set for tools?

    And what woods are good to start off working on as a beginner.

    Thank you for your help

    submitted by /u/crochunter100
    [link] [comments]

    Novice questions about priming, painting, and sealing basswood models

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Hi there

    I am a novice model builder using basswood

    I've been building mini treehouses for my plants and I would like to paint my houses with a more natural wood color rather than just the bland basswood color

    From my research it seems it's best to use thinned acrylic paint on basswood to gently reveal the grain. I do just want a "natural" wood color that has rustic treehouse cabin color so nothing fancy needed

    There will be moisture on the wood because I mist my plants (and occasional watering, but won't be direct water contact)

    I'm confused about the priming and sealing part

    Do I need to prime/sand the basswood before painting? For priming should I use a spray? What grit sanding is needed?

    Also if I want to protect the paint and color afterwards from discoloring/moisture, what sealant should I use?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/WhosAfraidOf_138
    [link] [comments]

    My very first wood carving inside my spoon in progress I got from a wood carving knife kit on Amazon that I now know is crap and doesn’t have the knives I wish it had but daaaamn good knives are expensive.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment