• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 7, 2021

    Wood carving End table

    Wood carving End table


    End table

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    How to make a jigsaw machine MAY DIY jigsaw table

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Post suggestion idea

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    I think a good way to help beginners while also reducing the number of "What knives/tools should I start out with?" posts, would be for posters to include what knives, gouges, and other tools they used as comments on their posts or in the title of their posts, similar to the posts seen on r/art.

    Just an idea from a beginner woodcarver.

    submitted by /u/TyIerDurden
    [link] [comments]

    With simple tools create a work of art

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    Fun handheld carving I did over the last weekend

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    Power Carving / Wood Carving Tips for Beginners

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    Grey beard out of basswood and acrylics

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    My first and second carvings. Enjoyed every second of them and sliced my hand open.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Carving wood alive as it is

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    If you sell your work, where do you sell it?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    I've sold a few of my handmade things through friends and Facebook marketplace, but I'm wondering what others approach is. I thought about Etsy, but there's a fairly high markup for sites like that.

    submitted by /u/Robot682
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for opinions/knowledge.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    I have been asked to carve a fox totem pole. Which would not be too hard I don't think. But after thinking about it I have two issues. One is a worry about cultural appropriation. And the other is one that I need to do a bit of research on. It concerns religious symbols. I won't carve any religious iconography for anyone ever. So I have to figure out if a totem pole fits under that description. But I figured that I should seek some advice on here first. Since, you know the internet is a good place to find opinions, good or bad ones.

    submitted by /u/Inevitable-Context93
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking to start woodcarving and would like to learn what I need to get into it

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    I'm an intermediate woodworker, I used to make chairs, tables, keepsake boxes and other things. Now I have moved from a spacious house in the suburbs to an apartment in the city and I am looking to keep working with wood in my free time. I'd like to start carving because it doesn't require the space or power tools of furniture making, and it costs less, uses less space, and makes less noise (and mess I hope) but I don't really know much about it and I'm not sure where to begin. I would like to use some of my old hardwood scraps that I still have and hand carve small things with them. I'm thinking catch-alls, little sculptures, kitchen utensils, maybe some other objects if I start to get in the groove of it. What do I need to get started and any tips for a true beginner? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/11ro25
    [link] [comments]

    Kuksa repair with pine resin

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    Tool storage system in the workshop French plank

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    Free Woodworking eBook

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment