• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    Wood carving I carved a pair of bog oak owl pendants. I added details with white and golden acrylic keeping the wood base color

    Wood carving I carved a pair of bog oak owl pendants. I added details with white and golden acrylic keeping the wood base color


    I carved a pair of bog oak owl pendants. I added details with white and golden acrylic keeping the wood base color

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    Iron Man's face carved in Teakwood

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Griffin

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    Beth.a work in progress.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    From a chunk of Oak to a Lion Gargoyle

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    Make a Wood Key holder shelf tent in the mountains

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Do you think it's simple?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    Beginner! Storing timber... What if it's got a infection?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    Hi all, would love some help with this!

    I found some London plane branches outside my flat and I had a go at making some little critters out of them, but at one point whittling it revealed a tiny little hole with brown stuff in it in a bit of the semi dry stuff that had been hanging off a hedgerow drying for awhile... What should I do with it and the rest of the wood? Is it a threat to other timber in my flat if it's got little guys in it?

    submitted by /u/Dangerous-Cycle-6646
    [link] [comments]

    Wood Carving Master - Carve intricate patterns with ease

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:15 PM PDT

    Anyone know the name and meaning of this symbol

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    Carving. Several episodes from the new project

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    Beginner here

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    I've just ordered a bog standard kit for wood carving. I'm completely new to this. What do you all suggest to practice carving first? What are your go to resources to learn new tips and get inspiration for ideas?

    Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Usual-Vegetable-1327
    [link] [comments]

    What chisels to get (relief carving)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    Currently looking to jump right into relief carving. I plan on doing mostly Celtic and geometric designs, but I might try doing more detailed carvings in the future. I'd say the biggest carving I'd be doing is something in the 12"x12" range, but no larger, most likely half that.

    I've decided I'm going to purchase Pfeil tools, as they seem to be good quality and I can get them at a decent price at the moment.

    Now my question is, is there a recommended "Starter Set" both in the width and the sweep? Something like 4-5 chisels (or less) to begin with.

    I've been reading like #2, #7, #11, #12, but then I wonder how large or small the width should be, or if each of those is really needed for what I want to do.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/JustDoItTmr
    [link] [comments]

    My first "piece" so go easy on it

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    How to Make a small wooden bench diy

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    Identify Please! Found this in my landlords shed. Just want to know what it is.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Small storage barrel

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    Logo carvings are becoming my favorite thing

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    Logo carvings are becoming my favorite thing

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    Tips for sharpening chisels

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    I'm trying to sharpen my own chisels for quite a while to no avail. So I would be very thankful if someone can show me a technique to sharpen them that actually work.

    submitted by /u/mnid53
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment