• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 28, 2021

    Wood carving I lost my best bud to cancer a few months ago so I made this from the last photo I had taken of him.

    Wood carving I lost my best bud to cancer a few months ago so I made this from the last photo I had taken of him.


    I lost my best bud to cancer a few months ago so I made this from the last photo I had taken of him.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    My Handmade Wooden Kuksa Cup? What do you think about it?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    Man Woman Child carving

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    Dog Keychain, bonus points if you guess the breed

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    2' × 5" piece

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    Artisans carving classical decorative patterns. I hope you enjoy this video

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:28 AM PDT

    A beginner question

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! Firstly, I apologise for my bad English. I'm not a native speaker.

    I'm a college student and I got a little tired of video games so I was looking for a new hobby that doesn't require investing a lot of money, so I decided to give woodcarving a shot. I did some research and I found out that all I need is a carving knife or two, some basswood and gloves for protection. Is that right?

    I already looked up some knives that people recommend here to order but unfortunately Flexcut and Mountain Woodcarvers don't ship outside of US (to Croatia, EU). I tried checking the same flexcut set of 3 knives on amazon aswell but they charge shipping and handling more than the set of knives itself and I can't really afford 130$ just for knives, without gloves or wood.

    Does anyone know where can I order a good starting knife (or set) and some gloves perhaps? I think I can find a place to buy some basswood and if the shipping on knives is too expensive I'll give up on gloves. I was thinking to maybe try to go to a shop that sells knives in general but what should I look for in a knife? I think if I just come there and ask they might recommend me some random pocket knife just to sell it to me. Also, how terrible would be just ordering some cheap set from Wish or Ebay?

    Thanks a lot :)

    submitted by /u/shadowy_figure_
    [link] [comments]

    Did I buy a turning tool? Spear and Jackson 1 1/4 gouge. Has a fingernail grind that I thought was cool, seems to be a bit to steep to get real sharp though. I think I need to take the inside steel down a bit more and then probably redo the bevel. Thoughts?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment