• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 28, 2020

    Wood carving I love coffee, so I carved the coffee scoop.

    Wood carving I love coffee, so I carved the coffee scoop.


    I love coffee, so I carved the coffee scoop.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Stuff of nightmares

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Fox Carving Installed and Blended Onto Stump

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    First carving, carved into a piece of driftwood found on the coast in Washington, probably had been rolling around for over a century and based on ocean current maps, possibly from Japan.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Another coronanewbie

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Title!

    I've been picking up random bits of wood here and there from arborists doing their job on the city's sick and dying trees. My pocket knife and (single) sheet of sandpaper quickly let on that I was absolutely not equipped to become a budding woodcarver just yet, so I did a bit of research for tools. I live in a tiny apartment in the middle of the city, so I have no room for any power tools at all, and my interest is primarily in hand tools and carving by hand anyway. So, I placed an order for some Narex chisels: 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, and 3/4 inch.

    I've also been looking at the following: https://www.amazon.com/Narex-Starter-Carving-Chisels-869200/dp/B00VAOX8Y0/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=carving+gouges&qid=1588082169&sr=8-5

    I did a bit of reading and saw that the tools you will need will be determined by the type of work you will be doing, which makes perfect sense. However I wanted to ask if aside from the tools I've mentioned you could think of another few that you would consider to be must-haves for someone wanting to be able to do detail work, carve bowls, etc. Just basically stuff I'll be holding with my hands (I have no tables or access to clamps either).

    I also wanted to know if you could suggest a youtube channel or some other online resource for beginner advice on technique and all that good stuff. I've found a few on my own, but I wanted to ask the people who know better for advice on who the best streamer or source out there is.

    Lastly, on wood, I have a personal interest in trees already so I know a couple of my pieces are box elder maple and silver maple, but there is another I don't know at all. Is it feasible to post photos of the wood in an attempt to identify it?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Fafafofe
    [link] [comments]

    I am kind of new to cnc machining. I just finished this piece and I would like to improve the finishing. As you can see, there are these white threads all over it. All I have applied is an specific oil for wood. How can I get rid of them? Sanding? If so, what number? Should I use varnish?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Needed a way to easily scoop up rice! Any ideas for how to finish it? Applied mineral oil, but details didn't pop as much as I wanted

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    My very first attempt at wood carving. Following Doug Linkers “Simple Start to Carving” video. Let me know how I did!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    ASMR wood carving NO TALKING --- no music- * Sound of Dance of Metal and...

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment