• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Wood carving 10" all wood juvinile brooke trout. All of base and habitat is also wood.

    Wood carving 10" all wood juvinile brooke trout. All of base and habitat is also wood.


    10" all wood juvinile brooke trout. All of base and habitat is also wood.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    Carved a Comfort Bird - Natural Walnut - Just sanded and buffed with no finish (didn’t know wood with no finish could be that shiny) - Surprisingly pleasant to hold! I suggest making one.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    2 failed attempts and 1 successful. Finally my first completed turned bowl without any major issues.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    First thing I've ever carved. Made a lot of mistakes but I'm proud of what I made.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Hand carved tavern sign for my D&D group (work in progress)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    A spoon I started on today. Cedar is an absolutely beautiful wood to carve.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Knife Recommendation for harder wood

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    I currently use a whittlin jack by flexcut to carve basswood, walnut, pine mainly. The knife works great for this. I recently found some Purple Heart and it's way harder. I am exploring the possibility of possibly getting another knife to handle this stuff. I heard the Big Pick knife by Ben Orford is good but it's currently sold out. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a knife that can handle hard wood?

    submitted by /u/thegreen718
    [link] [comments]

    My very first chainsaw carving.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment