• Breaking News

    Monday, September 21, 2020

    Wood carving Some of my woodworking

    Wood carving Some of my woodworking


    Some of my woodworking

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Tried carving a little pumpkin out of an odd shaped scrap of walnut. Was going to make it into a Jack-o’-lantern but the wife saw it and wanted it as is.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    I made a tree of life. First time doing something like this, so not my best work, but hopefully with time I’ll get better!

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Starry themed smoking pipe. Leather case and scrubing tool too!

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    On Fire (Spirit of 2020.)

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Techniques for Carving Lattice Patterns

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm trying to carve a small wooden screen for a desk, maybe about 6" by 18". I'm having trouble finding techniques for carving clear through wood using knife or handtools. Is there a best practice for this kind of carving?

    submitted by /u/IsotopicSpreadsheet
    [link] [comments]

    Relief carving. 5 by 5 by 1/2, think it's maple.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    How to Hollow a Log for a Planter

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Advice for woodcarving?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Hey all, I'd like to try woodcarving. I thought it's a beautiful and interesting way to do art, and I'd like to pick it up. Any advice on how to get started? What tools I should use?

    submitted by /u/PikaTheWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to startuo

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I'm looking to start and get into wood carving, I've watched a few videos and it looks like something I could enjoy doing. So I'd like to try and get it right from the start, I've done a little reading found and seen it was best to start out with spoons and bowls to get to grips with carving. I found the below set on Amazon, nothing fancy but I think it has all I might need to start - would this do the job? Also what's everyone's opinion on wearing protective gloves/tape, what do you prefer?

    Amazon set, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BR91NDW/ref=cm_sw_r_li_apa_i_V27zFbMXDJFTV

    (It includes; a wood carving hook knife, a whittling knife, a chip carving detail knife, a Polishing Strap, a polishing compound, a Frosted Sponge, a Whetstone, a pair of cut resistant gloves and a Portable Canvas Bag)

    submitted by /u/Seirxus
    [link] [comments]

    Maximum detail, carved frame in the Baroque style, episode 9

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment