• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 22, 2020

    Wood carving It's not much, but I'm a beginner and today I made a small salt bowl from a seasoned piece of birch firewood.

    Wood carving It's not much, but I'm a beginner and today I made a small salt bowl from a seasoned piece of birch firewood.


    It's not much, but I'm a beginner and today I made a small salt bowl from a seasoned piece of birch firewood.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:43 AM PST

    My first ever post

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:58 AM PST

    First carving: many regrets on the attempted 'rustic' paint job

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 05:35 PM PST

    A fun little project I had this weekend

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:04 AM PST

    First attempt at a face. I know, I'm a prodigy. /s

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 06:20 PM PST

    First ever tutorial carve following doug linkers five minute wizard.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:46 AM PST

    Basswood Squash/pumpkin with acrylic paint

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Progress so far on snowsuit guy: help. First real carving.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Basswood Eagle, Me 2020, just another bird of prey that I love to carve and as always seems to have a life of its own.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:34 AM PST

    A Smile For You! (make a great day!)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 12:04 PM PST

    A quick rendition of my English teacher.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:14 AM PST

    Would the sub find it fun to have a discord or something where we could virtualy meet?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:14 PM PST

    With COVID and the world getting more and more disconnected I personally would find a lot of value in sharing this hobby with other people. I'm a relatively new woodcarver and my projects are super simple. But I would really enjoy having a space where I could meet with other carvers to learn tips share tricks. And just show off the work we've been doing.

    I think discord would be a fun place for this to happen. I wouldnt mind setting it up especially if there were others who would be interested in moderating. Maybe we could put together some classes or just some group carving sessions sometime!

    Let me know what you all think.

    submitted by /u/lacroixlibation
    [link] [comments]

    Proper finish for my piece

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:12 AM PST

    I have a descent piece of pecan that I am working on. It has a great grain and when you cut off the top layer you can see the true color which is very beautiful. I would like to bring the natural grain and color out, would olive oil be an effective finish to do this? P.S. sorry if I said something stupid I am not very experienced with finishes

    submitted by /u/sausagecatdude
    [link] [comments]

    New Christmas tree wood carving using dremel flex shaft [Miniature]Thanks to my fellow wood carvers for the support

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:46 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment