• Breaking News

    Monday, November 23, 2020

    Wood carving My uncle’s blue bird

    Wood carving My uncle’s blue bird


    My uncle’s blue bird

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:34 PM PST

    Wood Carving in Retirement!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Would like to make some wooden figurine but since I'm totally new, I'm sort of overwhelmed

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Been thinking about it for a long time but every time I do some research I just get overwhelmed and give up. I just seen the beautiful anime figurines people can do on youtube and I want to give the hobby a try. I'm fortunate enough to have money to invest in some equipment and access to a shop to mess around in. I just don't know where to start. The wiki didn't yield much, as did youtube. There's also no club where I'm from unfortunately. Should I buy a book? What kind of tools are best for figurine making? Any insights appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MajesticDragonBee
    [link] [comments]

    Great skills of the masters in wood carving - Classic carved TV cabinet ...

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:42 PM PST

    Wood Carving By CNC Machine

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 04:45 AM PST

    Carving butter knives from oak

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:46 PM PST

    Question from a complete newbie: Is it a good idea to carve kitchen utensils, which repeatedly will become both dirty and wet, from oak? My father carved some beautiful butter knives from oak a couple of years ago, but they eventually became quite rough and uneven. And so, while I really do like the look of oak, I don't want to waste time carving it if it doesn't hold up.

    Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

    submitted by /u/petersenerrr
    [link] [comments]

    first carvings ever. using $20 carving set and 1 fancy Pfiel gouge, on fir / pine from home depot. Im hooked.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:49 AM PST

    Not familiar with wood cutting techniques or terms and I'm curious how to describe the style of this frame. It is about about 50 years old, 20" square, made in Chicago (out of mahogany or cherry, I'm guessing) and I'm curious how much a hand carved frame like this might be worth.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:19 PM PST

    For those that make a living from selling your artwork, any tips?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:55 PM PST

    Turning Wood - Bowl A Striped Burn!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:25 PM PST

    Best and most affordable whittling kit on Amazon Canada?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:57 AM PST

    Right now, I just have one detail Beavercraft knife. I'm looking to get a small kit, but Amazon is overwhelming. A lot of the kits have the same knife I am. I'm open to any suggestions! I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on this hobby just yet. Maybe if I get a bit better!

    submitted by /u/Robot682
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment