• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 3, 2020

    Wood carving I made this dolphin automaton and you can win it - all proceeds for Sea Shepherd

    Wood carving I made this dolphin automaton and you can win it - all proceeds for Sea Shepherd


    I made this dolphin automaton and you can win it - all proceeds for Sea Shepherd

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:05 AM PST

    Some of my works

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:20 AM PST

    Fantasy themed wood necklaces

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:33 PM PST

    some more butterknifes, and I can now confirm I am addicted. I think the wood is Birch but please if anyone can identify, let me know! (:

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Any tool recommendations for removing a lot of wood? Getting the general form took about 2 hours

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:04 PM PST

    When finishing a spoon or other cooking utensils what oils do yall use? I know flack seed oil, and mineral oil, but are there any others? Tried looking for them today in the grocery store in the oil section, and couldn't find any.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 11:41 AM PST

    One of my older works, a crow skull pendant carved from cherry wood (i think)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:52 AM PST

    Grapes and leaf repairs for a dry-stripped frame

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 10:02 AM PST

    My dad showed me this tonight. He got it from a guy he worked at a power plant with who widdled it from a single piece of wood.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:27 PM PST

    Learning how to carve with my dremel tool. I have a lot to learn. But I'm getting there.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Hand carved, GOT dragon and egg. Last one I promise! In the very rare violet rosewood. With amber eyes and ebony pupils. And the usual silver monogram underneath. Thanks for the comments. J

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:31 PM PST

    Helvie Knives

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:52 AM PST

    Does anyone know if these are always hard to find, or is it COVID related? They seem to be out stock everywhere that sells them, including their own site. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Walter_Dim
    [link] [comments]

    Mostly small, everyday items to carve. Items that would be traditionally carved out of wood.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:20 AM PST

    I like a lot the idea of carving things that would be traditionally carved out of necessity. Preindustrial crafts when we didn't have plastic and so advanced metallurgy.

    I've compounded a list with all the ideas about this kind of woodcarving projects that I gathered. Most of the stuff can also be good practice for beginners. If you have any additional that I haven't included please add it in the comments. So, here we go...

    Kitchenware

    Spoon, Fork, Butter knife, Kuksa cup, Quaich, Bowl, Vase, Mug, Goblet, Ladles, Spatula, Honey dipper, Chopsticks, Rolling pin, Mortar and pestle, Nutcracker, Lemon squeezer

    Toys

    Animals, Dice, Chess pieces, Wood spirit, Slingshot

    Miscellaneous

    Stamp, Comb, Wind chime, Pipe, Tool handles, Ruler, Whistle

    submitted by /u/cha0sre1gn
    [link] [comments]

    Fun project: Mini Christmas Sweater Ornament

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 11:04 PM PST

    Doug Linkers bear carving

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 03:46 PM PST

    Miniature Tree carving

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:47 PM PST

    How to Wood Carve Fine Details

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:47 PM PST

    Tools for noob

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Hi I want to begin wood carving for fun , i just want to make a small Figurine to offer to my family member What tools you prefer and what tools i can buy ? I made a small search on the net and i found dremels tools and different cheap kit on amazom 6 pcs 12 pcs and 20 pcs ... What can be the best solution in my case . I'm a noob but want a good quality product for beginners Thanks for help and good work to all

    submitted by /u/na7oul
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Foredom handle?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 01:13 PM PST

    Young wood carver here! Any tips on keeping my dremel from burning the wood as I cut it? I’ll go to saw it with a blade, and next thing I know, the whole face of where I sawed is nearly black!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 11:54 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment