• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    Wood carving Started carving in August, this is the first thing I'm not really ashamed to post

    Wood carving Started carving in August, this is the first thing I'm not really ashamed to post


    Started carving in August, this is the first thing I'm not really ashamed to post

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 03:53 AM PST

    Finally starting sanding my carvings, I’m so pleased with the result!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:17 AM PST

    First try.. any thoughts?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:42 AM PST

    My attempt at the face from Human Face Book out of a Sycamore that was cut down in our area. I did the cap all in one piece with the face. 2019 another good learning experience.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:42 AM PST

    After carving is painted, best techniques for antique waxing?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:40 AM PST

    I'm new to this...and I've recently carved and painted my first two "simple santas". I've purchased ArtMinds Antique Wax......Do I water this down in order to control the darkness of it? If so, does that take away from any protection it offers? Any tips on how to apply this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jenn18115
    [link] [comments]

    Making a wizard staff - Feasibility Question

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 06:57 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    Preface: Brand new to the craft, don't even have tools yet. Pandemic and office job are making me want to take on some creative projects, so here we are.

    I want to make some wizard staffs for friends out of some small (2"-4" diameter) oak trees I'll be taking down in my back yard. Some kind of design at the top TBD, (Crystal? Snake? Dragon Mouth? I'm getting ambitious as well as ahead of myself.) some simple runes carved into it, etc. Ideally, I'd love to take a paddle bit and core out a foot or so from the top, then take a super fine dremel to the runes until they reach the hollow core, then shove some LED fairy lights in there so the runes glow.

    My question is, is this WAY too complex for a beginner? Like unreasonably so? Should I just say screw it and just paint the runes with glow-in-the-dark paint/blacklight paint?

    I'll take any and all recommendations you folks are willing to offer.

    submitted by /u/Acrobatic_Resource_8
    [link] [comments]

    I made this dolphin automaton and you can win it - all proceeds for Sea Shepherd

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Tiny sword accessory

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 05:50 PM PST

    Does anyone know what kind of wood this is?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 04:17 AM PST

    Miniature guitar

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:53 PM PST

    Trying out a Wood Carving Disc for Angle Grinders.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:28 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment