• Breaking News

    Monday, December 14, 2020

    Wood carving Oak Hawk. I salvaged some oak from structural steel transport lumber. It was so dried out and cantankerous to work with that I almost didn't finish the project.

    Wood carving Oak Hawk. I salvaged some oak from structural steel transport lumber. It was so dried out and cantankerous to work with that I almost didn't finish the project.


    Oak Hawk. I salvaged some oak from structural steel transport lumber. It was so dried out and cantankerous to work with that I almost didn't finish the project.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:53 AM PST

    First practice piece I'll consider keeping

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    The detail on my uncle’s birds. I posted these a few weeks ago, but nothing up close.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 11:46 AM PST

    I hand carved an Iron Man mask

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 05:20 PM PST

    Carver this spoon yesterday

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 12:22 AM PST

    Hello fellow carvers!! Here's an interpretation of Jonah in the Whale. I hope you're all well!

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 10:24 AM PST

    And lit up.����

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:13 PM PST

    Christmas tree for the grandchildren, hope they like it.����

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 12:12 PM PST

    Human face carving

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:39 AM PST

    Two little basswood sailboats I made for my nephews

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 02:56 PM PST

    Where to get R95 Mask for Woodcarving

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Looking to get a R95 mask for wooding work, where are to buy a legit ones? Cant find one in home depot.

    submitted by /u/bevutsrk
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 04:11 AM PST

    Hi, i have an idea for a wood carving i would like to make for my gf for valentine's if i can do it it would probably be some kind of heart with vines or some kind of heart nature-themed, not entirely sure yet. I have no experience or skill in wood carving. I have access to a shop where i can work. Do you think two months would be enough time to learn and do it? I can spend around 5-8 hours a week on it Edit: i have some experience in general woodworking but non in carving.

    submitted by /u/peruvianDark
    [link] [comments]

    Made an owl out of pine for my partner for the Holidays. Pine wood and hot glued glass beady eyes

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 06:05 PM PST

    I handcarved some forks

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:55 PM PST

    been slowly working at this guy. he's a santa gnome in a rocking chair.. lol I think it looks much better after sanding and plan to go over another few times to make sure I get all the details and more realistic look. what do you guys think?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 11:52 AM PST

    I hand planed a cylinder, is there a better way to do this by hand?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:51 PM PST

    What does a Morakniv Sloyd achieve that other whittling blades (Opinels, Winchesters, Bucks, Antoninis, etc.) can't do?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 11:34 AM PST

    I've noticed that in some of the photos my favorite whittling Instagrammers post (i.e. DanHero, leshka_woodcarving) feature a sloyd blade. Maybe it's a trend but is there a major reason for the sloyds to be preferred over other whittling style knives?

    I've noticed them photographed in very very tiny carvings (look at their pages to see what I mean below) and figured it had solely had to do with blade sharpness which can be achieved with proper stones and strops.

    Links:

    https://www.instagram.com/leshka_woodcarving/?hl=en

    https://www.instagram.com/danhero/?hl=en

    submitted by /u/projectilebirb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment