• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    Wood carving Ornaments I made this year out of two blocks of Birch!

    Wood carving Ornaments I made this year out of two blocks of Birch!


    Ornaments I made this year out of two blocks of Birch!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:24 AM PST

    What is the name of the technique or the cut used to get into these V areas? [advice needed] Thanks!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:40 AM PST

    Wooden Migaloo 06 is ready to fly. Wheeeee !!!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    First time carving! Raven skull from a walnut branch that fell on my property. I joined it to a rather weathered piece of poplar for a walking stick.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:47 AM PST

    The Wicker (pine actually) Man.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:29 AM PST

    I carved the Three Wise Men as a gift for my parents

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:44 PM PST

    Is it the wood, the knife or me?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:44 AM PST

    Can I use either of these to sharpen my knives? Or am I an idiot?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:49 AM PST

    Any professional woodcarvers here? What has been your experience?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:17 AM PST

    Are there any professional or full time woodcarvers here, whose main income (or part of it) comes from carving?

    While I'm practicing and keen to take it further and learn more, I'm interested in how you got started?

    Did you take courses or apprenticeships? Or any qualifications?

    What tools do you use? Mallet and chisel, rotary tools or other power tools?

    Obviously the main thing is to be good at what you do, but beyond that what has your experience been?

    I'd love to hear how you have found it

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/theboothvan
    [link] [comments]

    First realistic bird (northern cardinal) from basswood. Any advice or criticisms welcomed.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:01 PM PST

    Carving pattern decoration for vintage wooden cabinet - Wood Carving

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:43 PM PST

    A buddy of mine lent me his blade. This pawn is my first ever carve. It ain’t much but it’s mine

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:13 AM PST

    Project #1 - Half way point - Gnome

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:33 PM PST

    Just Carved this face on a stick

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:42 AM PST

    4th face carving and blister on thumb. how am I doing?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:06 PM PST

    This is what I ended up with, first time carving. Room to improve.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:59 PM PST

    tried woodturning for the first time with my dad.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:23 AM PST

    Carved Two Buddha effect faces, Thank you all for your comments and suggestion that really helping in progress of carving. Hope you guys like this one.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:30 PM PST

    Made a miniature Shardblade(fantasy sword)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Need help getting started

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:57 PM PST

    I'm interested in getting into wood carving, but when I go online looking for knives, there seem to be so many options. I want to see if I like whittling before I spend a lot of money. Do I need to drop a lot of cash to get a quality tool, or can I just pick up something cheap at a Walmart? Also I've seen some wood carving sets that include a lot of small tools. Are these quality tools or is it better just to buy one knife?

    A full list of what I need to get started would be very helpful. I'm sure questions like this get asked all the time so thanks in advance for being patient and helping me out.

    submitted by /u/NO8128
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new to carving, for Christmas I got a set which has the leather and compound for a strop.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:46 AM PST

    While researching I've seen most people attach this piece of leather to a piece of wood. Is this necessary to be able to strop properly? In the absence of any scrap wood big enough would mdf be a suitable substitute?

    submitted by /u/Ecca88
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have any tips or pointers before I jump into my first Gnome carving?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:52 PM PST

    Another Personally hand carved wood hiking stick by Michael Vickery ((WANT TO FIND)) Send tell pls?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:37 AM PST

    Full sized Dremel or smaller cordless for carving

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:38 PM PST

    I just started carving (I received a starter kit for Christmas) and I'm thinking about picking up a Dremel for detail work and sanding. I'm thinking that I don't need a lot of power for carving and sanding, so a small cordless model should work just fine. However if I go to a 4300 then I'll also have something that's more versatile for around the house.

    How are the large corded models for carving details? I'd think that the smaller size of the cordless would help with control, but if I can get more use for my cash, I'm thinking I could sacrifice some "easy of use" for carving.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/therealredding
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment