• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    Wood carving Carved a mahogany hair stick with a green leather leaf as a decoration

    Wood carving Carved a mahogany hair stick with a green leather leaf as a decoration


    Carved a mahogany hair stick with a green leather leaf as a decoration

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:11 AM PST

    I mean.... y'all can tell its a horse, right??������ not TERRIBLE for a second finished carving!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:20 AM PST

    Acanthus

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:22 AM PST

    My other self portrait

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:43 PM PST

    This is my carving

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:41 AM PST

    A hairpin I recently made for my wife. A little messy, but still better than I expected.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:00 AM PST

    I think these are generally done with bark but not having any I used cherry, ash, and mostly maple. They're fun because there is no real way to know how badly I screwed up.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:24 PM PST

    I started a new chess set over the weekend......and then this happened.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:20 AM PST

    I made a birch comb with a Scandinavian bronze age, rock art ship design. Hope you like it

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:39 AM PST

    First time I tried to turn the ring �� I used only a skew chisel to cut It. Walnut ��

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:20 AM PST

    Great way to whittle away some Sunday hours. Design by Bjarne Jespersen.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:15 PM PST

    The dark side of the moon!!!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:56 AM PST

    First attempt at a small Wood Spirit. Still have some work to do (embossing the runes). Thoughts?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:51 AM PST

    Is this heart rot?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:29 AM PST

    Made a salt spoon, my first foray into carving! Only took 2 bandaids. The gouge was hard to figure out, but once I did, it was fun.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:06 PM PST

    What size v-tool do you use?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:16 AM PST

    I'm a very new beginner. After watching a Doug Linker video, I've decided to get a 1 3/4 in. knife and a v-tool.

    He mentioned using a 1/4 in., 90 degree v-tool, but I looked at the Drake website and all they currently have is a "3/8 inch 120° True V."

    Is there a big difference between the two—should I look at other knife manufacturers? What is your experience with v-tool sizes and angles?

    submitted by /u/andpartwayback
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to replicate old viking chess peice with willow

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 10:05 PM PST

    Anyone good at identifying wood types?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:40 AM PST

    Question on my next knife

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:58 AM PST

    He all I just got into the hobby and really love it. I presently have a flexcut Whittlin Jack and want to get a dedicated knife for carving as well. I am torn between OCC Drake and last but not least Helvie. I want to purchase two possibly 3 one for roughing 1 for detail and possibly a smaller gouge. As of right now I am doing small wood carvings like wood spirits from 2 inch basswood so smaller carvings. What size do you guys recommend and which brand al though I read Helvie is best, but dont wanna break the bank either lol... Or should I stick with Flexcut? Thanks...

    submitted by /u/Artaniss
    [link] [comments]

    carvers elbow?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:38 AM PST

    Hello All!

    From all my winter preparation projects I have managed to get a good deal of tendonitis (aka 'tennis elbow') in both of my elbows. This brought my carving activities to a halt, sad to say. Does anyone have advice or experience dealing with it? I have tried some physical therapy exercises I found online (unable to visit a therapist at present), I have also tried a pressure strap for my elbow, but neither have helped much. I am trying to rest it, but my daily chores still demand some use. I really miss carving, can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/paulmcarrick
    [link] [comments]

    Draw intricate decorative patterns on wood and proceed with carving patt...

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:25 AM PST

    Made some little caricatures today!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    First carving other than half a spoon, carved with my Drake 1 1/2 detail knife. Videos from Doug linker and Alaska woodchuck helped put a lot. Learnt a lot from this carving that I will put in place on the next one

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:40 PM PST

    Carved a Leaf spirit, I used a wet piece of log for this project. Finished it off with wood burning pen, stain and water based clear coat. Carving the leaf pattern was the hardest part but it was fun to carve a face out of it. What did you think??

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:54 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment