• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 21, 2021

    Wood carving Beautifully hand whittled squirrel letter opener from 1961 and Scottish terrier 1963 from my great grandfather, he was quite the artist!

    Wood carving Beautifully hand whittled squirrel letter opener from 1961 and Scottish terrier 1963 from my great grandfather, he was quite the artist!


    Beautifully hand whittled squirrel letter opener from 1961 and Scottish terrier 1963 from my great grandfather, he was quite the artist!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 09:59 PM PST

    Viking head, design taken from an old Rover car mascot, spalted beech, elm and ash

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 04:17 AM PST

    When you live in an 18ft trailer with your wife and 2 dogs but you have the chihuahuan desert and just have to carve!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 09:07 PM PST

    carving an Ash handle for this hewing axe

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 05:20 PM PST

    First time whittling anything, little wizard guy

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:29 AM PST

    Made this today

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 01:39 PM PST

    Is it better to carve wet, fresh wood, or dried wood?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:26 AM PST

    I'm staring out carving little finger rings, and I'm looking to have as much as I can that'll let my carving be precise, since I'm already not the most attuned person to this hobby

    submitted by /u/realgeneral_memeous
    [link] [comments]

    Wooden carved alligator in Center of Ethnobotany at the Singapore Botanic Gardens.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 06:48 AM PST

    Gouge advice

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 09:43 AM PST

    Hey guys, I'm new to carving but am really excited to start doing reliefs. I just purchased my first set but I was wondering what you all thought. I did a lot of research and determined that Schaaf was a decent quality product for a fair price so I bought this set of 12 gouges. However I was thinking about returning them and purchasing this set of fishtail gouges instead. The only thing about the fishtail set is that I would have to by a #12 v-chisel separately. I was hoping you guys would be able to give me some insight? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/choke_my_chocobo
    [link] [comments]

    Obtained this very hard wood for free, and intend to carve it. But... what is it? Is it cherry?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 04:29 PM PST

    A little coffee scoop I just finished. Carving is what keeps me sane whilst being stuck at home in yet another lockdown!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 12:06 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment