• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Wood carving I call him ghost, and he's made of cherry/turquoise

    Wood carving I call him ghost, and he's made of cherry/turquoise


    I call him ghost, and he's made of cherry/turquoise

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:52 AM PST

    Late Xmas gift for my sister. Attempted to make it look aged.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:52 AM PST

    First project: Magic wand made from a random stick!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 03:27 PM PST

    The Scream sculpture that’s been done near my work.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 11:08 PM PST

    A lilacwood spoon I made.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:39 PM PST

    Mother Nature Woodcarving

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:53 AM PST

    Doug Linker time I guess

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 01:21 PM PST

    Once upon a time, when I had a job, I made Anakin's japor snippet amulet out of the same piece of wood lying underneath it. I used scrap wood from an old bench I was tasked with changing out the wood on. Did also let it sit in a tin of wood oil for a whole workday.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:42 AM PST

    Wood carving master - Carving pattern decoration for vintage wooden cabinet

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:44 PM PST

    Making few carving knives

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 11:15 PM PST

    First Project - I used green wood and it dried out a bit and split before I finished. I did the best I could with it after.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 05:04 PM PST

    First spoon. I used the 24OT Splinter and after stropping it I'm loving the tool and the hobby. Sanding it down and putting mineral oil on it tomorrow

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 04:54 PM PST

    PLEASE HELP!! My Flexcut KN12 wont sharpen!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 11:32 AM PST

    Hey guys! Brand new whittler here, I'm using limewood (aka basswood), I'm using a brand new KN12 that came blunt straight out the packaging (ahhhhhh), I'm using a 800/1000 wetstone for sharpening and a regular leather strop for honing. I've tried it seems every form of sharpening, watched every video known to man and I cannot get a sharp blade, I have to fight with the wood and get splintered edges every time ): I've been trying since 8AM to get a sharp edge but to no avail...does anybody have any advice whatsoever as to fix this? It's so frustrating because it just seems I'm making the blade blunter and blunter, any advice is appreciated, cheers guys!! 🙌🙌🙌

    submitted by /u/postpiss
    [link] [comments]

    How to stain my carvings?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:56 PM PST

    I made a little ring for myself, but what do I put on it? I have no idea what to use. Im also new to this. Is there any type I should order off amazon, that will be good for all of my whittlig projects? Preferably something not so expensive.

    submitted by /u/o1blique1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment