• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Wood carving Little humpback whale

    Wood carving Little humpback whale


    Little humpback whale

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:44 AM PST

    I'm still editing the video of the previous piece I shared, so meanwhile here's a 40cm European Basswood Bowl. Turned by my friend @Charlywoodbcn and chip carved by myself.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:18 PM PST

    Trout update

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:11 PM PST

    Tiny turtle I carved from some avocado pits.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:21 PM PST

    Agreed, this is not a carving. But it is a sheath I'm working on for my carving knife. This piece will be the welt to protect the blade from cutting through the actual sheath.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 09:17 AM PST

    Engraving the Navy emblem on a wooden flag

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:47 AM PST

    Roughing out without a vise

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 06:59 AM PST

    Do you prefer a hatchet or a hacksaw for roughing out shapes to whittle? Why? My get bored roughing things out with my 1.5 inch knife, and don't always have a vise to lock stuff down with.

    submitted by /u/Ivar-the-Dark
    [link] [comments]

    My first carving

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PST

    Hey all, need suggestions! Info in comments

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:11 AM PST

    Black Sabbath Vinyl Album Rack

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:09 PM PST

    Picked up carving last month and here are my first few carvings with help from Reddit and Doug Linker videos!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:21 PM PST

    Do I need to process or dry wood that I've found in the wild?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:24 PM PST

    Hello, I'm new to wood carving.... apologies if this is a super dumb question. Do I have to dry or process found wood? For example, if i've found a really cool live or dead piece of wood in my yard, do I have to kiln dry it or process it in some way before carving it?

    submitted by /u/j9x10
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good gift tool?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:50 PM PST

    What's a good tool to give as a gift? I don't know anything about woodcarving.

    He's mostly a beginner and his work is steadily improving. He seems really talented (he carves tiny, rough looking gnomes because my sister loves them. I'm not sure what else he's making).

    I've been looking into Kiridashi knives for my own (unrelated) work. Do you think that's appropriate to gift him? What's a good tool that can take him to the next level?

    Thanks in advance!

    EDIT: I'm new to reddit and couldn't figure out how to attach a link to the picture of his current tools. I ended up getting him a Pfeill Abegglen Detail Knife (medium)

    submitted by /u/Machining_Molding
    [link] [comments]

    I'm calling her "Claire de Lune, ". See if any movie buffs can guess who she is modeled on?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:09 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment