• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 26, 2022

    Wood carving Second carving (first without any tutorial or sketch). Got lots of chipping due to lack of experience and it doesn't look that good overall, but I'm proud that I did it completely by myself

    Wood carving Second carving (first without any tutorial or sketch). Got lots of chipping due to lack of experience and it doesn't look that good overall, but I'm proud that I did it completely by myself


    Second carving (first without any tutorial or sketch). Got lots of chipping due to lack of experience and it doesn't look that good overall, but I'm proud that I did it completely by myself

    Posted: 26 Jan 2022 06:34 AM PST

    Beautiful box I built, burned and carved.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2022 09:39 AM PST

    Amanita Man

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 03:54 PM PST

    Polished pohutukawa koru with paua slivers laid in

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 12:29 PM PST

    i made these two small diameter hook knives last week.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 09:50 AM PST

    Amiens-style rose window chip-carved in basswood

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 08:02 AM PST

    My second hand carved ash Billnas handle. Hand stitched leather sheath. This is a billnas 12 2 head from Finland. Ash is from my yard in upstate NY.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 07:17 AM PST

    Stropless beginner

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 11:55 PM PST

    Hello, so I recently came into the possession of wood carving knives to keep me busy while I look for a job (currently unemployed thanks to covid) and after doing a bit of readings and videos, I noticed that I do have a leather strop for the knives but I do have some sort of hard gritty stone block. Am I SOL with carving until I am able to get a strop or can I go ahead and start?

    Thanks for any and all replies!

    submitted by /u/Occultist808
    [link] [comments]

    Final result. 2 passes was not quite enough to cut, but 92% of it was cut through. One more pass would have done it.1/4” Birch plywood from Home Depot. Quite satisfied with the result.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2022 12:53 AM PST

    Need some help with a gift!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 10:42 AM PST

    Hi! I have minimal experience with wood, and I have never actually carved or crafted really anything out of wood. I've sanded skateboards to paint and customize, but never actually made anything out of wood.

    I want to make guitar picks for my husband for Valentine's Day! He's very talented and I want to support him and his hobby. He has picks, but they're just cheapy generic ones, so I want to make him some!

    I'm very handy, and I'm comfortable using all kinds of tools, I just don't really know where to start with this.

    What is the best kind of wood to start with, that can be stained/finished to look nice? Or even a wood with an interesting grain pattern to work with? I don't think I've advanced enough to carve pattern into the wood, but I'm willing to try if you guys think it's doable for a beginner!

    What is the best way to "finish" something? Would I use an oil? A lacquer? Is there a sealer I should know about?

    Is this something I should go straight in with a knife, or a different tool?

    Is sanding a finishing method, or is there a different process I should know about?

    Budget is small, so any cost-conscious options are very much appreciated. All advice is helpful! Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/M0ssy_Garg0yl3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment