• Breaking News

    Friday, February 18, 2022

    Wood carving My first Cottonwood bark carving

    Wood carving My first Cottonwood bark carving


    My first Cottonwood bark carving

    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 03:19 AM PST

    I finally got my beeswax paste and finished off my first carving/wood burning project.i know it's basic but I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 04:31 PM PST

    Medusa Wood Carving - I was inspired mostly by ancient Greek and Byzantine patterns and symbols and I created this Medusa wood carving entirely in Substance Designer. You could see more images on my profile at Artstasion. https://lnkd.in/d3u3kuuv

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 06:30 AM PST

    How a log cabin builder achieves the tightest fit using a log scribing tool

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 03:40 AM PST

    wood dagger i posted a few weeks ago is now finished!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 11:54 AM PST

    First time making a carving from my own drawing, super happy with how it turned out.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:34 PM PST

    Carved some new Comfort Birds out of Holly, Yellowheart, Marblewood, Rosewood, Redheart and a Tiger Ebony.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 06:15 AM PST

    I refurbished and woodburned/carved a design into this lane cedar box as a final resting place for the ashes of a friend’s late pet. Used a beautiful moonstone to help her connect to the other world and find comfort and creativity in dark times.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 12:11 PM PST

    Novice looking for some recommendations on a nice carving kit. I do have some background in woodworking but not carving. Looking for a decent carving kit that isn’t going too expensive.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:48 PM PST

    How to scale up measurements?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 02:32 PM PST

    This might be a dumb question but if i wanted to follow along with a wood carving tutorial that uses a 1 1/2in x 1 1/2 x 4in block but I have a 2in x 2in x 5in block how would I do that?

    submitted by /u/SocietyLobster
    [link] [comments]

    Hand carved Nordic toolbox

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 05:41 PM PST

    It’s ok if y’all call me crazy

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:26 AM PST

    So, I've been interested in wood carving for a while now, but never actually took the plunge. After spending hours on this sub, loads of time on various websites, and YouTube channels, I just put in several orders to get me going. I first bought some safety gloves, a strop kit, and some packs of basswood from the evil Amazon. I then made the purchase on Drake's website for a couple detail knives, a v-tool, and a couple gouges belated on one of the recent recommendation videos that Doug Linker put up on his YouTube channel. Realizing those would take some time to arrive, I also bought a OCC knife that should arrive this weekend. I think I should be set for quite a while.

    I think I'm definitely going to start with the 5-minute wizard project and some various animals like cats and bears. Eventually, I'd like to start doing small skulls, skeletons and various fantasy or light horror type carvings. I've always loved Halloween and fantasy/sci fi stuff, so I will probably gravitate there rather than the more traditional Scandinavian gnomes, etc. Of course, I'd love any advice or website recommendations folks would like to provide… I know it's a long journey ahead.

    submitted by /u/theFuzz1
    [link] [comments]

    Valentines Day Rose

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 07:44 PM PST

    https://www.instagram.com/danscharwaechter/

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:37 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment