• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 3, 2020

    Wood carving The scales on a lionhead goldfish. Boxwood netsuke.

    Wood carving The scales on a lionhead goldfish. Boxwood netsuke.


    The scales on a lionhead goldfish. Boxwood netsuke.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    An Elephant Never Forgets, Me, hand carved with an epoxy inlay. Done in memory of a good friend who passed away from cancer.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    A Poplar Hanging Sun, a gift for my parents

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    I am newbie to just about everything with that being reddit, "art", carving, and just life in general��. Here is the latest piece I've made... it is inspired by Salvador Dali's "Persistence of Memory".

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Dremel Advice

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Can someone tell me if this is a good Dremel for wood carving? I'm thinking to get it with a flex shaft. I'm disabled and weak, so I don't see myself getting into anything major. I'm thinking more like spoons, hair accessories, and small stuff like that. If there's a different one that might work better, I'd love suggestions.

    Dremel 3000

    submitted by /u/musicalearnightingal
    [link] [comments]

    Literally just started carving 2 days ago. Finished this chess pawn. First of a chess set I'll be making. Took me about 6 1/2 hours. I'm proud of it.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    You guys liked the turtle I carved so I thought I’d carve a pup.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Morel mushroom carved from sycamore wood

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Thought I'd share this guy I made

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    wood carving

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    I'm Carving! First Time Carver Trying to Find a Spoon in This Block of Wood - I'm weak and disabled, but I'm not going to quit! This is every bit as hard as I thought it would be, but I'm enjoying it so far.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Little bearded man I carved!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Anybody recognize this?? Got it from a neighbor who says he thinks he got it in Columbia in the 80’s. Hoping someone can tell me about the design.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Fish mounted on coral fossil, 2nd carving

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Advice

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone has experience working with (for lack of a better description) smelly wood?

    Backstory: My girlfriend lives in an old building that her landlord just sold off, and has to move by the end of the year. Landlord also (for whatever reason) ripped out the old hardwood floors in the first floor of the building last week. I scrounged a few of the best pieces and am making some picture frames for my girl so she can have a little piece of the home we made together there. Only problem—the basement of the building has a shitty sump pump, and overflowed/had stagnant water fairly often. So these beautifully aged/scuffed up floorboards have a vague...sewer-y smell to them? Best way I can think to phrase it.

    Very long story short. Does anyone have any tips for airing out wood/eliminating residual smells? I'm planning on letting them bake in the sun as much as I can

    submitted by /u/gallito29
    [link] [comments]

    This piece("Tugging") was donated to a mother who has a son with Muscular Dystrophy hence the green ribbon. It was my 1st heavily detailed piece which took some time but learned alot.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment