• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Wood carving A mask for my daughter, finished. Limewood, woodstain, acrylic paint.

    Wood carving A mask for my daughter, finished. Limewood, woodstain, acrylic paint.


    A mask for my daughter, finished. Limewood, woodstain, acrylic paint.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:33 AM PST

    A carving i made for my friend of his dog.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:23 PM PST

    First ever carve-a fish!! Posted in woodworking but found this sub so I’ve joined and wanted to post here too. I just got into carving and I may be mildly addicted to it. Spend 4-5 hours a day doing it outside of my regular job.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:26 PM PST

    Hand-carved realistic wood sculpture by Italian artist Peter Demetz - crosspost

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:30 AM PST

    Weekend fisherman (faces slowly getting better)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:56 AM PST

    How do I actually sharpen a knife?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:29 AM PST

    Really want to get into wood carving and bought a knife off of Amazon. Problem is the knife doesn't seem completely sharp and honestly have no idea to sharpen it. Please help me

    submitted by /u/SerbProdigy
    [link] [comments]

    Made a spoon with my new fiskars.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    Aaaaand another one! Work in Progress

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:39 AM PST

    My uncle finished his owl.. and added a mouse!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:33 PM PST

    I carved this 3-D graffiti logo for our DJ crew.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:16 PM PST

    Little wooden spaceship I’m working on any tips?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:23 AM PST

    3D models of your carves

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:44 PM PST

    Hey everyone! I'm new here. I am a 3D artist. I build VR trainer simulations for the military. I say that because it's my job to take a few images and create a very realistic model out of it. If anyone would like a 3D model of their creations, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to make them for you. :) if you have any questions feel free to comment or message me about it. Just thought I'd extend my services to everyone who needs them!

    submitted by /u/MilSimNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Carved a small bear out of wet wood log from back yard, I darken the nose, eyes, mouth and fingers with wood burning pen then I brushed a wood stain coat and one coat clear seal.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:01 AM PST

    My sister liked her carving enough to have it put on their camper!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:18 PM PST

    Tips and first steps for total beginners.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:48 PM PST

    Hi everyone! I stumbled on this subreddit looking for guidance as someone who has never done any wood carving - ever!

    After spending all day in front of a computer for work, I am looking to pick up a hobby that will let me vent some of my frustration, pick up a new skill, as well as hold something tangible in my hands that I could possibly gift to friends and family.

    Having said this, I am clueless on where to begin learning wood carving - dont know what tools I should be looking at, what first steps I should be taking.. not even sure what questions I should be asking at this point.

    I'm sure many of you were in the same spot as I am right now, so any guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

    I did ready the introduction to wood carving, but I am looking on what should I be focusing on when starting. Chip carving interests me most right now, but not sure if this is the best starting point.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/wojic
    [link] [comments]

    Best wood for kitchen utensils?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:01 PM PST

    What do you think is the best kind of wood to carve kitchen utensils from?

    submitted by /u/therunaround818
    [link] [comments]

    How to set up a small woodworking shop for under $1k

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 03:36 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment